(Redirected from 959 BC)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
The 950s BC is a decade which lasted from 959 BC to 950 BC.
Events and trends
- 959 BC—Psusennes II succeeds Siamun as king of Egypt.
- 957 BC–Solomon's Temple is completed. 959 BC is also a proposed date.
- 957 BC—The reign of Mu Wang of the Zhou Dynasty ends.
- 952 BC—Thersippus, King of Athens dies after a reign of 41 years and is succeeded by his son Phorbas.
- 950 BC—Northern Egypt starts to be ruled by Libyan pharaohs. The Libyans build cities and for the first time a sturdy urban life grows up in the Nile Delta.
- c. 950 BC–800 BC—Some early parts of the Bible are written.
- King Zhao of Zhou, drowned in 957 BC
|This BC year article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|