Cantu Addition, Texas
Cantu Addition, Texas
|• Total||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|• Land||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||112 ft (34 m)|
|• Density||625/sq mi (241.2/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1852690|
As of the census of 2000, there were 217 people, 77 households, and 56 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 723.0 people per square mile (279.3/km2). There were 83 housing units at an average density of 276.6/sq mi (106.8/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 64.06% White, 0.92% Native American, 32.26% from other races, and 2.76% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 94.47% of the population.
There were 77 households, out of which 48.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.4% were married couples living together, 19.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.0% were non-families. 23.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 2.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.82 and the average family size was 3.28.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 32.3% under the age of 18, 10.6% from 18 to 24, 25.3% from 25 to 44, 25.3% from 45 to 64, and 6.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females, there were 99.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 93.4 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $9,191, and the median income for a family was $9,583. Males had a median income of $12,841 versus $16,250 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $6,492. About 53.3% of families and 45.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of 18 or 65 or over.
Cantu Addition is served by the Brooks County Independent School District.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Cantu Addition CDP, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Cantu Addition, Texas". The Handbook of Texas online. Retrieved 2008-05-10.